1st Call Plumbing & Heating has recently launched Leak Locator, a new leak detection service. We have been using thermal imaging and acoustic listening technology for a number of years within the utility sector in Northern Ireland but due to an increase in demand for these services, we have now created Leak Locator.
“Installers and manufacturers can often be called back to jobs to sort out issues with the central heating system losing pressure but generally the problem won’t lie with either the installation or the product itself, but a leak somewhere in the system. But the customer doesn’t want to hear “it’s not my fault“ – they just want a solution, and that’s where we come in. We use the latest technology to locate the leak and then repair it. The service is already proving popular with both installers and manufacturers so we’re hoping to build on this success.”
Leak Locator uses acoustic sounding equipment and thermal images and can advise on a range of areas, including:
- Trace and access policy for leak detection
- Leak detection on underground pipework (domestic water supply or water heating)
- Bathroom leak detection – concealed pipework in walls
- New water mains to property, via moling
- Internal metering or pulse meters
- Zonal detection (for larger systems)
- Pipe soundness testing (water, oil, gas)
- Permanent fill systems to avoid low pressure
- Pipe avoidance when drilling excavating
- Pressure testing
- Legionella surveys
Leak Locator also offer the service on a commercial basis, where the company can sub-meter properties and fit pulse meters which can be record water usage to compare with your bills. These meters can be remotely accessed by a smartphone or computer.
Whether it is locating leaks or installing sub-meters, Leak Locator works as a subcontractor for the installer, manufacturer, kitchen fitter, home/business owner or insurance companies, allowing them to offer an additional service.
Contact us today on 07713 564 277 to find out more about Leak Locator!